Hello Paul,

On 7 août 2014 16:44:25 CEST, Paul <paulste...@afrihost.co.za> wrote:
>Hi Charles,
>
>Thanks for the info on a different feedback system generating a
>different view of the topic. That was very useful, and I think should
>have been mentioned *much* earlier.
>
>It is likely the the people who mostly come to this list are the ones
>with problems, so we are likely to see a higher incidence of people
>wanting the more stable branch.
>
>While that may negate my opinion that the primary download should be
>switched from the less stable branch to the more stable branch, I still
>feel that the best approach would be to offer both as equal choices,
>with clear explanations.
>
>Or perhaps even to do away with the one branch completely, and
>concentrate more on a single branch, if the difference in stability is
>so negligible, as you keep suggesting. However, I feel that the
>difference is probably big enough to warrant keeping both branches, and
>therefore big enough to warrant having two *equal* download choices,
>*with* explanations.

At the beginning of the discussion I had not understood that it was your
concern. Now I do. I completely agree of a need for a description of the two
branches. We disagree on the priority that should be given on each of these
although I do see merit in presenting them on equal footage. That is just me
though, I am far from being alone in this.

Fyi maybe it is my browser but I see that on the homepage clicking on download
will dispmay a menu with the two branches. Surely that is an acceptable
behaviour?

Cheers,

Charles.