> On Jan 21, 2015, at 7:54 AM, Stephan Bergmann <sberg...@redhat.com> wrote:

>>> Where did you get that idea from?  The location of the user profile is
>>
>> Probably because that is how it used to work.
>
> Are you really sure that it ever worked that if you rename LibreOffice.app to
> Foo.app it will then locate its user profile under ~/Library/Application
> Data/Foo/ instead of ~/Library/Application Data/LibreOffice/?  That would
> surprise me.

          See,
“https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel/OS_X”, referenced
in an earlier email from Alex in this thread:  This describes “New Method” and
“Old Method”.  “Old Method” says, "Up to and including the 3.3.x series, the
way to separate configurations on the Mac simply involved renaming your
existing installation user configuration folder to the same name as the name of
the LibreOffice application.”  That doesn’t mean it ever worked, but that seems
to be what is described under “Old Method” ;-)

          I’m still having other problems parsing the “New Method”:  A first
step says to “cd”, then run “mkdir -p libreoffice/builds"
 in a terminal.

          Is this correct?  When I “cd” then “ls”, I get the following:

Applications    Documents       Library         Music           Public
Desktop         Downloads       Movies          Pictures

          I don’t see “libreoffice”.  Or is “libreoffice” in “mkdir -p
libreoffice/builds” simply a shorthand for the local LibeOffice installation
directory?  If that’s true, then how do I find the local LibreOffice
installation directory?

          Thanks so much for all your help.  Sorry for being so dense.

          Best Wishes,
          Spencer