On 14/05/15 10:55, Brian Barker wrote:
> At 20:32 12/05/2015 +0200, Honly Wonly wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm surprised by that. If you mean the options at Tools | Options...
>>> per user and thus stick not only between documents but between
>>> LibreOffice sessions?
>>
>> No, this option is not remembered.
>
> I've done some research, and the setting is stored in
> registrymodifications.xcu in the profile. So yes: it *will* be saved per
> user, not per document or per system, and will stick across LibreOffice
> sessions. (But perhaps not, as I suggested, if you have a corrupt profile.)

Can I interject a comment and an experiment here?

Firstly, a global per-user setting for case sensitivity would be a recipe for disaster, and for spreadsheets not being properly portable.

But it isn't like that.

Now, checking under Tools|Options....Calculated showed my system (4.4.3.2/Mint 17) had the 'case sensitive' option' set. (TBH, I'd never noticed this before, but then I hardly ever use spreadsheets.)

I made a simple spreadsheet: two cells contained 'AAA' (A1) and 'aaa' (A2), and two cells with =IF(A1="AAA", 1, 0) and =IF(A2="AAA", 1, 0) and displaying 1 and 0 as expected. Save this as doc1. Set the Tools case sensitivity to no. The results cells now show 1 and 1 of course; save as doc2, and exit LO.

Now, if I reload doc1 and doc2 simultaneously, showing in 2 windows, both spreadsheets show the same results as before. Furthermore, checking the (expected-to-be-global) Tools option for case sensitivity shows different values when the dialogue is opened from each window.

Again, checking the contents.xml for each file shows an extra entry
for the 'case insensitive' file. (Presumably the default is 'true'.)

So as one would hope, the setting is saved per-file.

My suspicion is that any value in registrymodifications.xcu is simply a default for new documents.

(I've communicated privately with Brian before posting the above, and I believe he has some extra germane comment to add.)

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England