Hi :)
You can post a "feature request" asking for this functionality to be added
to Impress.  To do so i think you post it as a "bug report" but then one of
the drop-down menus or something should be able to mark it as a "feature
request".

I think quite a lot of us didn't know this functionality already existed in
Writer so it has been a useful thread for me.  Thanks!  ^_^
Many regards from
Tom :)