Hi :)
Ahh, there used to be problems but i thought those had all been sorted
out.  The trick was to make sure that LO and AOO weren't actively running
at the same time - hence the need to disable the QuickStarter.

If there are still problems with a straight-forwards install alongside
OpenOffice then these instructions might help a re-try;
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel/OS_X

Apols if i made a tpyo and for guessing my probable intent so well :)

Also thanks to all who pointed out a possible error error in my advice and
for giving a good correction.  Also thanks to all the people who reassured
me that i had good reason for saying what i did. :))  Both are good
reasons, imo, for preferring forums/email-lists to traditional forms of
support that rely on a single point-of-contact.
Many thanks, good luck and regards from
Tom :)