Chris Dagdigian <d...@sonsorol.org> writes:

> Everything built from source without too much hassle
>
> ... including the java stuff classes, the GUI installer and the hadoop
> herd classes. Never got the hadoop stuff to build before so this was a first

I finally figured out the problems with herd and the GUI installer too,
though I've only built my version with some non-fundamental build
changes.  One thing that was fooling me was confusion between the IzPack
distribution and 3rdparty/IzPack, partly because the build requires to
write to the installed IzPack distribution; I wonder if that's actually
necessary.

Can anyone say what the exact Java dependencies are?  If not, I'll try
to build in a minimal VM sometime to check (modulo versions).

> I had compiled the gridengine codebase against an older version of
> berkelydb (one that still supports RPC server) that I had built and
> stored at /opt/berkeley-db/lib/libdb-4.7.so

For what it's worth, I made changes to use the system libraries (with an
aimk flag), but I don't remember if there was much too it.  I should try
to do some more work on rpm building.