On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Chris Smith <ch...@distributedbio.com> wrote:
> While I would love to see LSF open sourced, I don't have quite the
> faith you have, Rayson.

Hi Chris,

Haven't worked with you for a long time... (10+ years?)

> IBM also has a lot of software that they don't
> open source (LL being one!).

I agree. Tivoli, which I have experience with, is not open source.
(And the list goes on: Websphere, DB2, AIX, JIT/compilers, z/OS, IBM
i, etc)

By open, I hope "IBM LSF" would at least release the documentation for
download. More importantly, IBM sales have better integrity, and they
don't commonly use sneaky FUD-based sales tactics.

> I'm the one who mentioned openlava to
> Chris, by the way. For the folks I deal with, it's got enough
> functionality and horsepower to get the job done. And I'm motivated to
> create some momentum around it so that it continues to improve.

Yup, given your experience with LSF, I guess you and other LSF experts
would find OpenLava easier to migrate to.

Rayson