> Hi All,
>      I know there are a lot of science types on here, but I
> occasionally see the old animation/vfx person. I wondered how many of
> you out there might be on that side of things?

Well, me.  And I recognise Stephen's name.  And I know of of a couple of
companies that were using it at one point but I don't know if they still are.

I'm setting up a fairly small facility, my needs are fairly simple and my
resources are fairly limited - so the fact that I can have it up and running on
an out-of-the-box fedora setup is a big draw.  I think torque and condor are in
the fedora distro too but I knew grid engine had been used in vfx before so it
was the first one I tried.

That said, it was still a bit of an adventure to get it running - the
documentation is confusing and the vital knowledge spread all over the place.
At some point I'm going to write up my experience of how I got it working and
post it online.

The content of this e-mail (including any attachments) is strictly confidential
and may be commercially sensitive. If you are not, or believe you may not be,
the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately by return e-mail,
delete this e-mail and destroy any copies.