We're using it at Prime Focus and I've been building a more VFX
friendly interface to it.  Off topic, but you can have a look here if
you want: https://github.com/stephenwilley/sge4vfx - I hope to get
more time this (next) year to flesh it out but we've put just over a
hundred thousand jobs through it and it's good for our purposes.  I'm
happy to share some useful settings I've found if you want to mail me
off list.

I agree the docs are a mission to find and aren't easy to read when you do.

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 7:54 PM, Ciaran Wills <cwi...@cinderbiter.com> wrote:

>> Hi All,
>>      I know there are a lot of science types on here, but I
>> occasionally see the old animation/vfx person. I wondered how many of
>> you out there might be on that side of things?
>
> Well, me.  And I recognise Stephen's name.  And I know of of a couple of
> companies that were using it at one point but I don't know if they still are.
>
> I'm setting up a fairly small facility, my needs are fairly simple and my
> resources are fairly limited - so the fact that I can have it up and running
> on an out-of-the-box fedora setup is a big draw.  I think torque and condor
> are in the fedora distro too but I knew grid engine had been used in vfx
> before so it was the first one I tried.
>
> That said, it was still a bit of an adventure to get it running - the
> documentation is confusing and the vital knowledge spread all over the place.
>  At some point I'm going to write up my experience of how I got it working
> and post it online.
>
> The content of this e-mail (including any attachments) is strictly
> confidential and may be commercially sensitive. If you are not, or believe
> you may not be, the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately
> by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies.

Stephen

http://lensframephoto.com