Stephen Willey <step...@esstec.co.uk> writes:

> We're using it at Prime Focus and I've been building a more VFX
> friendly interface to it.  Off topic, but you can have a look here if
> you want: https://github.com/stephenwilley/sge4vfx -

I haven't checked what it's doing, but applications don't seem off-topic
to me.

> I hope to get
> more time this (next) year to flesh it out but we've put just over a
> hundred thousand jobs through it and it's good for our purposes.  I'm
> happy to share some useful settings I've found if you want to mail me
> off list.

Why off-list?  If they're useful and you can share them publicly, please
do.  We have groups with rendering requirements, though they seem to
insist that we should support proprietary systems on Windows, which
makes it distinctly less likely to happen.

> I agree the docs are a mission to find and aren't easy to read when you do.

There's a definite need for good (free) docs.  Any low-effort
suggestions to improve things would be very welcome in the absence of
anyone with time to write a manual.  Which docs are specifically hard to
read?