Hi Lane,

I was away yesterday... I looked at the traces last night - Grid
Engine correctly passed the working directory to the execution side,
and the execution side did not complain. I read the code that handles
changing job directory, and Grid Engine does check for the error
returned by the change directory system call.

Thus at job start, the working directory is correct, so it is
something else that is contributing to this random directory behavior,
and most likely it is the login scripts and/or shell/profiles like you
said.

Rayson