If you want to get the same behavior as your GE 6.2u6 cluster, then I
think bash should be taken out from the login_shells.

I look a 5 min look at the code, and I think currently there is no way
to do what you want - so best way is to fix the bash profile and/or
change the SGE config.

BTW, what's in the bash profile that is causing this random job start
directory problem??

Rayson