On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 1:45 PM, Lane Schwartz <dowob...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To solve the problem, I have wrapped the above code in my
> .bash_profile to first check to see if I am in a grid job:
>
> if [ -n "$JOB_ID" ]; then
>    # do stuff
> else
>    if [ -f $HOME/.path_history/host.$HOSTNAME ]; then
>        cd `cat $HOME/.path_history/host.$HOSTNAME`
>    fi
> fi

Good to know that it is working for you!

Just a small suggestion - check "$ENVIRONMENT" and see if it is equal
to "BATCH". I forgot whether it is defined by the IEEE standard for
batch systems or somehere else, but at least it is supported by SGE
and Torque. On the other hand, JOB_ID is not defined by the standard,
and it is only set when the job is run under SGE.

It is usually better to use a portable approach - just IMO!

Rayson