On Aug 10, 2016 11:49 PM, "Sean Smith" <sean.sm...@softmachines.com> wrote:

> I would recommend reading this.
>
> http://arc.liv.ac.uk/SGE/howto/sge-configs.html#_fair_share

Hi Mun,

We use the fair share approach that Sean links to provide round robin
scheduling within queues at our site.

Cheers,
Chris

behalf of Mun Johl [m...@apeirondata.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 8:27 PM
> To: users@gridengine.org
> Subject: [gridengine users] Is round-robin scheduling per user possible?
>
> Hi,
>
> First a simple question: How do I change the priority of a queue?  I
thought that would be trivial via qmon; but I couldn't find where the
priority could be changed (at least, not in our setup).

> Now, my real question is this: Is it possible to configure SGE such that
jobs are dispatched to execution hosts on a round-robin per user
configuration?  For example, if User-A queues up 10 jobs, and then User-B
queues up 10 jobs to the same queue; can SGE be configured to dispatch each
of the 20 jobs to execution hosts in a round-robin fashion per user?  If
so, how?

> If the above is not possible, then I'm thinking of creating a queue per
user.  In that scenario, is it possible to configure SGE to dispatch to
execution hosts in a round-robin fashion per queue?