I'm +1 on Maven coordinate change.  That should be fairly low impact.

I agree package renames should be taken on a case-by-case basis.  Offhand,
the two biggest things that come to mind are custom ASTs, and the
compilation bits.  For the former, I'd think it shouldn't be any worse than
the groovy.transforms move.  For the latter, it might make sense to wait to
rename that package until the compilation is decoupled from the core.