Just an added note on the topic of potential package name changes.

In the past, we've had to move some AST transformations from groovy.lang to
groovy.transforms, and we managed to make that transition without too much
harm.
Similarly to what we did on that occasion, we could offer a compatibility
module that would just delegate classes from old packages to classes of the
new packages. And once you've had the time to make the migration, you'd
just remove the compatibility module.
We could also have more complex solutions involving bytecode rewriting.

But at some point, it'll really look ridiculous to still have org.codehaus
here and there, although codehaus' already been long gone already.

So package name changes are not all black'n white.
There are possible shades of gray :-)

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Laforge