-1 for both maven coordinates and package change. Please don't break
backwards compatibility. Maybe I'm missing something but I see no good
reason for either change.

As others have mentioned, there is a lot of unmaintained code that would
stop working as a result of a package change. So in my opinion, pros would
need to be greater than the fact that the whole groovy ecosystem can
suddenly do less than before the change.

As for maven coordinates, please see Cédric's mail. Again, pros do not
outweigh the cons in my opinion. Dependecy resolution conflict problem that
doesn't exist if maven coordinates stay the same.

Just my 2 cents.

On Mar 28, 2017 7:42 PM, "Cédric Champeau" <cedric.champ...@gmail.com>