You didn't read the docs carefully enough... ScriptLog is quite different from
the other logs in that it is owned and written to *only* by the apache user. So
you either have to:

1) Make the logs directory writeable by "apache2" (so it can create the logfile)
 or
2) login as "apache2" and create the file manually (eg, "touch script_log")

Personnaly, I prefer 2) since you can check that the file really is there...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Interestingly, I am not facing any such problem on HP-UX
> (again HP-UX 11iv2
> Itanium)
>
> My main problem is that the file is not getting generated at all.
> The next thing I did was to create the file (with the correct
> permissions)
> beforehand and to see if the file gets written into. Even that didn't
> happen!
> I checked out
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_cgi.html#scriptlog
> earlier itself, but had not got any help on Linux specific problems of
> ScriptLog
>
> Please let me know if I'm doing something really wrong..
>
> Thanks,
> Harish.

Diese E-mail ist eine private und persönliche Kommunikation. Sie hat keinen
Bezug zur Börsen- bzw. Geschäftstätigkeit der SWX Gruppe. This e-mail is of a
private and personal nature. It is not related to the exchange or business
activities of the SWX Group. Le présent e-mail est un message privé et
personnel, sans rapport avec l'activité boursière du Groupe SWX.

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential,
proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege
is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error,
please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and
any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any
hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended
recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and
the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.