Have you tried mod_security? - http://www.modsecurity.org/

I've not tried to do anything like this before with it, but it might help. Worth a look...

regards

Rich.

dtufs wrote:
I'm not sure apache can do that but I have one linux
box setup as firewall, patched with patch-o-matic and I do this what you
want with iptables.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure I understand it
correctly, but this sounds like you are using the IP
addresses as the basis for the ban. However, as I
mentioned, we do not (and cannot) ban IP addresses. We
determine bad visitors by examining only the user
agent, referrer and requested URI.

____________________________________________________ Yahoo! Sports Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com

!DSPAM:42b53fa2278571543214051!