Hello,
As I understand it <Location something>
and <Directory something>
are equivalent except Location refers from the Document root

So I have apache 2.0.50 installed on Mandrake
In one of my virtual hosts I have

        <Location />
                Allow from all
        </Location>

        <Location /ppm/storyboard>
                Options +Indexes
                Allow from all                          **
        </Location>

When I go to this location with a web browser I see the directory index but with no files UNLESS
I also include

        <Directory /document root>
                Allow from all
        </Directory>

I do not see any files listed.

Why do I need the double Allow from all ??
Or more interestingly if access to the location is denied why dont I get a forbidden message instead of an empty listing ?

** Probably not necessary but I added this before I tried the Directory Allow from all directive

TIA

Stuart Gall
Systems Administrator