Jérôme Tytgat wrote:
> Is there any reasons about that as cacert.org is free, there's no restrictive
> idea about "how many certificate I can generate" ?

Well, the whole point of the 'certificate' is to guarantee that you are
whoever you claim to be (actually, not you but your system). So a self-
signed certificate, is fine for encryption, it will work as well as a
priced Verisign or Thawte certificate, but there is no guarantee.

While a certificate given from Verisign or Thawte should mean that the
owner took his time to request it to a third-party that is supposed to
be trustworthy.

Is the same as asking for an ID proof and being shown a passport or
a letter with your name and address on.

Davide

--
If only more employers realized that people join companies, but leave
bosses. A boss should be an insulator, not a conductor or an amplifier.