Boyle Owen escreveu:
There is no problem for a single instance of apache to have any number of
name-based HTTP VHs on port 80 *and* exactly one HTTPS VH on port 443. What you
can't have is name-based HTTPS VHs.

Regarding the original post:

But if I use the NameVirtualHost directive (like "NameVirtualHost myDomain" or "NameVirtualHost myDomain:443"), Apache keep on not starting and the Events List gives me the message that "It's usually allowed socket address only once"

Trying to use name-based VHs with HTTPS flags a warning.

But the interesting part is that, even not using a virtual host, Apache starts normally and I can use https connection using the certificates that I generated temporarily, eve if it's not specified in the http.conf. I don't know if my Web Server is working in a proper way, so I would like some help on it.

It's not too clear what's happening (maybe you could post the real URLs?) but
it sounds like this:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-users&m=113639225506340&w=2

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

Let's clarify what's happening: all that I'm trying is only to set the Web Server to work with SSL. And, as far as the documentation is concerned, it's necessary to configure a VirtualHost to listen on Port 443, so you can establish a secure connection. But using the VirtualHost directive, Apache can't start and the following error message is given: [warn] VirtualHost www.myDomain:443 overlaps with VirtualHost www.myDomain:443, the first has precedence, perhaps you need a NameVirtualHost directive

But I only use the VirtualHost directive once! At least in the http.conf it's made once, is there somewhere else where the VirtualHost is defined besides the httpd.conf file?

--
Marcos R. Cardoso
Seção de Processamento Técnico e Automação