I do have two NameVirtualHost definitions:

NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.12:80
NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.13:443

On my firewall, I have port 80 traffic going to 192.168.0.12 and 443 traffic going to 192.168.0.13.  Both ip's are used on the same server by way of assigning multiple ip addresses to one nic.  Should I change my vhost definitions to use on the 192.168.0.12 ip address instead of using the two shown above?

Thanks,
Dave

Pid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Does anyone else think that this is wrong?

SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl/certs/sitename.com.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/ssl/keys/sitename.com.key
>> SSLCACertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl/root/sitename.com.crt

It looks like you're telling it that the Certificate Authority is the
same file as the Certificate itself. I could be wrong tho.

As regards to the VHost defs: it depends what you've got in front of the
server in the way of DNS or loadbalancers.

Your domain name can only resolve to point at one IP address (unless
you're using load balancers or proxies etc etc). So any request for the
SSL port of demo.sitename.com is going to arrive at the same IP as the
port 80 connection.

http://demo.sitename.com > IP1
https://demo.sitename.com > Still IP1

(Have you set "NameVirtualHost" or not?)