Hello!

I have a Apache/2.0.55 running on a BSD machine.

I'm wondering how I could specify a different set of directives for a
given directory based on whether it's accesed through plain HTTP or
HTTPS - but without having to put the HTTPS-specific directives into the
according VirtualHost section.

Like accessing an environment variable indicating the transport used or
something like that - based on which I could differentiate the directives.

Specifically, I want to allow access only for my local subnet through
plain HTTP, but allow access from anywere through HTTPS.

The reason why I don't want to put the HTTPS-specific directives into
the VirtualHost section is that I want all settings applying to a given
directory to be in one place - and my VirtualHost section is included
from a separate ssl.conf, so using that would mean separating the
HTTPS-specific directives for the directory from the global directives.

Could anyone point me to the right direction? I couldn't find any
discussion of this matter on the net.

thx
mortee