Joshua Slive wrote:
On 7/27/06, LDB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Joshua Slive wrote:
> On 7/27/06, LDB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Joshua Slive wrote:

>> > More details please. What EXACTLY are you trying to do? What EXACTLY
>> > happens when you try it?
>> >
>> > Joshua.

>> >   "   from the digest: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> >

>> Jerry thanks for responding... It says object does not exist but when
>> I put the actual directory name there it works just fine.
>>

>> Does work ..
>>

>>         <Directory a_directory>
>>                 Stuff ....
>>         </Directory>
>>

>> Does NOT work ..
>>
>>         <Directory link_to_a_directory>
>>                 Stuff ....
>>         </Directory>
>

> We won't get anywhere with this kind of example.  Show a precise, real
> example including information about the file system and show the exact
> message from the error log.
>
> Joshua.

>   "   from the digest: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Is this better ...

[Thu Jul 27 18:45:49 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Symbolic link not allowed
or link target not accessible: /srv/www/mediawiki

mediawiki is a symbolic link, if I change the link to a directory, then it works.

And do you have "Options SymLinks" set on /srv/www?  If you "cd
/srv/www/mediawiki", is the contents accessible to the httpd
User/Group?

Joshua.

Yes, I have it on but it does not work with FollowSymLinks because
by definition that option only works inside the directory.

Thanks,

LDB