Thanks,

Sounds like this is a normal behavior with name based
virtual hosting???

I'm using Citadel (which is an awesome
email/groupware/bbs platform www.citadel.org) and they
have a sendmail wrapper.  I think the wrapper program
is working because I get emails from cron and such but
not from any of the php scripts on my site using the
mail() function.

Thanks again for the help.