Ben,
   Thank you so much for spending time with this.

   When I do
   cd $HP_SRC/srclib/apr-util
   ldd .libs/libaprutil-1.so

   I do not see mysql in there.  How come?

Vasiliy Boulytchev
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ben wrote:

Hi Vasily - you are lucky .. only one day wasted!!

I just saw your second mail ....

cd $HP_SRC/srclib/apr-util
./buildconf

You don't need to do configure or make here - as it is taken care of later on by the big configure The need to run buildconf is so that the configure file gets to notice the mysql file you wgetted in from Nick's site.
-------------

 DBD: No driver for mysql
I mentioned that error in an earlier mail -

"DBD: No driver for mysql" Your mysql_client_r is not linked properly!

ldd (apache install directory)/bin/httpd  | grep libmysqlclient_r

You should see
libmysqlclient_r.so.15 => /opt/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.so.15 (0x40184000)

NOT
            libmysqlclient_r.so.15 => missing

If you have aprutil as a separate library, go to your libaprutil dir and try

ldd (aprutil install directory)/lib/libaprutil-1.so | grep libmysqlclient_r

Once you can see if mysql is being linked by this

cd $HP_SRC/srclib/apr-util
ldd .libs/libaprutil-1.so

-------

Well, I'm HOPING that sorts it out for you!!
    -b.

PS IIRC removing existing apr-util installs is pretty essential - check /usr/local etc for possible previous installs...