>> I'm new to Apache. I've just installed Apache 2.2.3 on FreeBSD 6.0.
>> Configured it and got it
>> running. But I'm having something that looks like quite a weird problem.
>> I've done my research on
>> Google, read FAQ and docs but couldn't find anything even closely resembling
>> my situation.
>> Description of the problem: when I'm requesting documents like HTML files or
>> images with the browser
>> - it displays properly the very first time, and after this the original file
>> on the server is
>> corrupted - filled with some binary garbage. And this garbage is what's
>> displayed on every next
>> request. Actually this garbage changes from request to request. So what it
>> looks like - that when
>> Apache grabs the file to send it to the browser, it writes some garbage into
>> it. I've never seen
>> anything like that before.
>> Some additional info: when I request php files (served by php_mod) -
>> everything is fine, nothing
>> gets corrupted.
>>
>> I would greatly appreciate any hints on where to look for a fix.

> I have never ever heard of apache corrupting files on disk, so this
> must be something peculiar to your config.  Can you tell us exactly
> what changes you made to the default config.  (Or alternatively, go
> back to the default config file and make sure everything works, then
> slowly re-add your customizations, checking each time to figure out
> where things break.)

That's what I just tried. Re-installed Apache with the default configuration.
"It works!" index.html really works, doesn't get corrupted. Now I dropped my
own html file in there
without changing any config. And it breaks. I started working from the working
file and what I found
is that it's the file size that matters. Any file over 512 bytes breaks. 512
bytes and under - work
fine. Totally confused.

--
Best regards,