On 9/24/06, Victor Star <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

That's what I just tried. Re-installed Apache with the default configuration.
"It works!" index.html really works, doesn't get corrupted. Now I dropped my
own html file in there
without changing any config. And it breaks. I started working from the working
file and what I found
is that it's the file size that matters. Any file over 512 bytes breaks. 512
bytes and under - work
fine. Totally confused.

And you are sure that the file on the server itself becomes corrupted?
Normally I would suggest that this is something that
EnableSendfile Off
EnableMMAP Off
should cure.  But if the file on disk is getting corrupted, there is
something deeper going on.

Try running "strace apachectl -X" and see if you can track down where
stuff is getting written to disk.  In the default config, the only
thing apache should be writing to disk is logfiles.

Joshua.