Hi Joshua,

> And you are sure that the file on the server itself becomes corrupted?

Yes, absolutely. That's the first thing I've checked. It is the file on server.

> Try running "strace apachectl -X" and see if you can track down where
> stuff is getting written to disk.  In the default config, the only
> thing apache should be writing to disk is logfiles.

I tried it with no luck. I'm far from being a debugger expert, but what's
happening doesn't look
normal to me. strace starts fine and writes tons of stuff when the server
starts. I wait until it's
done and make a request to that web page. Page is displayed but nothing is
written in the trace log
at all, it sits where it stopped after the server start. I've tried -f option
on strace but it's no
different. Also tried truss instead of strace - same story.
Last lines of the strace log are:
====- 8< -===================================================
open("/var/run/accept.lock.41858", O_WRONLY) = 12
geteuid(0x1)                            = 0
setgid(0x50
====- 8< -===================================================
(yes, last line is incomplete)
I've also tried strace-ing httpd itself, no difference. It does serve pages, it
doesn't show
anything. I suspect this might be due to httpd falling down to user and group
"www" (last lines hint
to that) and it can't be traced thereafter. But Apache doesn't start under
root. Do I have any other
options here?

--
Best regards,