On 11/1/06, Rob Wilkerson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Simple question:

Do the Apache binaries (Windows or Linux) support SSL or no?  I was
about to download 2.2 for Windows from httpd.apache.org and saw that
the file title indicates no_ssl.  Does that mean that no SSL support
is compiled in or does it (however counter-intuitively) mean something
else?

I'm not sure I need it, but I'd like to be sure I know what I'm
getting when I get it.  If there is no SSL support then is there
anywhere I can go to get binaries that *do* include SSL support?

Indeed the developers still haven't worked out the legal issues
involved in distributing SSL-enabled binaries.  But there are some
third-party sites that distribute apache httpd with ssl.  For example:
http://hunter.campbus.com/
(Include usual caveat about downloading executables from random sites
you find on the internet.)

Joshua.