On 11/23/06, Michael Hulet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks for the tip, Joshua. So here is my new httpd.conf:

    LoadModule proxy_balancer_module modules/mod_proxy_balancer.so

The result is not so nicer:

    # apache2ctl -k start
    [Thu Nov 23 15:24:18 2006] [warn] module proxy_module is already
    loaded, skipping
    [Thu Nov 23 15:24:18 2006] [warn] module proxy_http_module is
    already loaded, skipping
    Syntax error on line 9 of /etc/apache2/httpd.conf:
    Cannot load /etc/apache2/modules/mod_proxy_balancer.so into server:
    /etc/apache2/modules/mod_proxy_balancer.so: undefined symbol:
    proxy_hook_post_request

I really don't know what else I could do...

That means you already had those loadmodule lines elsewhere in your config.

But what really concerns me here is that you said you were downloading
and compiling directly from apache.org, yet you are using apache2ctl,
which I believe is debian-specific.  This could be causing any number
of problems, and could also imply that you have some weird mix of
debian and apache-installed components.

Joshua.