On 11/30/06, Earl, Robert(IT) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am using apache 1.3 with a default install on windows XP.

That's mistake number 1.  The 1.3 series on win32 is not recommended.
Using 2.2.3.

Pretty much the only mod to the apache config I did was set the php
parameters (using as a module, not cgi), and the vhosts. Have each vhost
point to their own document root. Below is an example of how I set the
vhosts. I set vhost1 in the hosts file. That's about it.

<VirtualHost emp2>
    ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    DocumentRoot c:/home/http/vhost1
    ServerName vhost1
        <Directory "c:/home/http/vhost1/">
                Options All
                AllowOverride none
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>

    ErrorLog logs/vhost12-error_log
    CustomLog logs/vhost1-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

As I said, I have seen this happen before at a company I used to work
for as well, but we were using mod_perl. They had set up a single server
with multiple vhosts for developers. It ended up in chaos because a perl
module in one vhost would end up being executed in the other vhosts.
It's not a problem except for files that are named the same.

This simply doesn't happen with a default install of apache.  We would
have heard lots of reports if this was possible.

Try setting up apache without php and see if you get the same problem.
Perhaps your php scripts are accessing the wrong files, or perhaps
you are using some kind of php caching that messes things up.

Otherwise, I worry a little about your use of non-fully-qualified
hostnames.  Perhaps your browser is switching hostnames for some
reason.

Joshua.