On 11/30/06, A. K. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The mod_rewrite doc mentions that the E=VAR:VAL flag "[can be used] to strip
but remember information from URLs".

What exactly does that mean?

I need to "remember" the values of certain EV's after a rewrite process has
completed. It would be particluarly useful to me know what the original
HTTP_HOST was as requests come through for content referenced by relative
paths on the original host but the HTTP_HOST has already been rewritten.

Could I use SetEnv to create an EV called ORIGINAL_HOST and then set it to
the value of HTTP_HOST prior to rewrites so that I can reference it during
subsequent rewrites?

What would be the best method for accomplishing this? Or am I totally off
the mark regarding what SetEnv and E=VAR:VAL do?

You need to provide some details on your configuration, because the
answer changes depending on whether you are using internal rewriting
(aliasing), external rewriting (redirecting) or proxying.

Joshua.