I know, since what you said to Beraru Liviu that what he asks is out
of scope for this list, even though I will ask.

I would like to have a DDNS server behind a router. I already have a
domain and a company that is related to NIC so the job is partially
done. It remains that my server constantly advice to that third party
that the IP has changed when it occurs.

I am trying to generate a script that could obtain my public IP with
URL dedicated to, and then advice to the third party, mentioned
before, the new IP (if it has changed).

This script will be under Linux. I am trying hard to obtain the
commands in Linux that could do that. Do you know about it? Or who
could have one?

Thanks.

I would be very thankful.

Arturo Ignacio Partarrieu R

=======================================
On 2/2/07, Joshua Slive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 2/2/07, Beraru Liviu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "configure DNS to map the desired hostname to the IP address for your
> server"
>
> Thanks, but how do I do this?

As I said immediately following this line:
This is out of scope for this list in general, especially
since it is impossible to tell exactly what point you are starting
from.  Your ISP would probably be a good source of help for this
question, or maybe something like:
http://www.howstuffworks.com/dns.htm