On 3/26/07, Peter Lauri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I am having some problems getting my mod_rewrite to work on my development
server. On my
production server (fedora c6) this works fine. But on my development server
(fedora c6) it
woun't work.

I have a file basicpage.php that is located in the webroot. I then have
a .htaccess file
with the following content:

#DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
#Options +FollowSymLinks
#RewriteBase /relative/web/path/

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^article/([0-9]+)/[-a-zA-Z]+$ /basicpage.php?id=$1
</IfModule>

The rewrite works as expected on the production server, but on the development
server it
don't want to work. I also tried it on a windows machine but it don't want to
work there
either.

What happens specifically when you use it? Does it get ignored entirely?

Do you need to use .htaccess? Things are much less complicated if you
put your directives in httpd.conf (with the appropriate path
modifications in the RewriteRule).

Also, remove the <IfModule> and </IfModule> lines which only serve to
hide useful error messages.

And use the RewriteLog.

Joshua.