With luck, this will be as straightforward as installing an IPv6 specific
flavor of APR (and WinNT specific while I'm at it).

Without luck, bleh - we'll see what needs to change in 2.2.  I don't have
any plans to build on the 2.0 flavors, so if you plan on adopting IPv6
with httpd, I'd suggest going ahead and adopting that current version already.