Hi Sander,

Thanks for the mail, I am totally using for testing purpose in the lab
envirnoment. Is there a possiblity to fix this issue, i wanted to access
this box via IP as well as hostname. Please let me know.

thanks

Kirthi

On 6/12/07, Sander Temme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Jun 11, 2007, at 1:12 PM, Kirthi Narayan wrote:

> This is the following error i am getting, i have given the cn name
> as the same system hostname.
>
> MIsmatched address
> The security certificate issued was issued for a different website
> address
>
> the probelm maybe indicate to fool you or intercept any data you
> send to the server.
>
> We recommand you to close the web browser

When your browser makes an SSL connection, it checks the Common Name
field of the Distinguished Name string in the certificate and
compares that against the hostname you typed into the browser
location bar. If those two don't match, you get that error message.

For instance, if you gave a hostname when your openssl req call asked
for Common Name information, but you're accessing your server by IP
address the browser will conclude that the two don't match.

Again totally harmless in a testing situation, but as Joshua reminds
us would greatly diminish the trust your users could be expected to
place in your production server.  I recommend that you have your
hostname setup sorted out before you pay money for a certificate.

S.

--
Sander Temme
[EMAIL PROTECTED]