Hi all,
I've configured Apache so that some elements (i.e. .js, .gif, .jpeg, etc) are stored in browser's cache during a time. When I access to a page contaning any of those elements, the browser doesn´t make a request to the server, it get the content from cache instead. Until this moment, all is ok. The problem arises when the time I chose for element's caching finishes. After this moment, each time the browser need one of those cached elements, It makes a http request to the server and the response includes a 304 error (I know it´s not an error, only a 'not modified' message). The problem is that when a page contains many of these elements (.js, .gif, etc), performance get worse (pairs request-reponse 304 take time), and there isn't a way to tell the browser to use cache's information again, unless you modify files at server side. So I want to know or if there is a way to configure Apache so that browsers renew cache's elements expiry date when they receive a 304 error, or to configure Apache to not to answer with error 304, but to reply with the corresponding file, even though this file's been not modified.

Thanks a lot,

Besbello