Squirrel wrote:
Upgraded FreeBSD v6.1-RELEASE to v6.2-STABLE, with Apache-2.2.4_2 and
PHP5-5.2.3_1 ports.  But cannot get the php to execute.  I've searched google
and followed every instructions, but after days, I'm asking for your help.

I've installed apache first from /usr/ports/www/apache22; make install clean.
Made sure it works.  Then installed from /usr/ports/lang/php5; make clean; make
config; make install.  I've checked for creation of
/usr/local/libexec/apache22/libphp5.so and added below to httpd.conf :

 LoadModule php5_module        libexec/apache22/libphp5.so
 DirectoryIndex index.php index.cgi index.html index.htm
 AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
 AddType text/html .php
 AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .html

Apache restarts with no error.  But will not execute the PHP, just message to download
"You have chosen to open which is a: application/x-httpd-php from ...".

I'm running Apache 2.2.4 and PHP 5.2.3 on a linux server and had no problems. All I did was just add AddType application/x-httpd-php .php to my httpd.conf file and all files in .php executed properly without issue. I don't see the purpose of the "AddType text/html .php". If I were you I would comment out the text/html .php line and the php-source line and see what you get.