On 31/07/07, Squirrel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Upgraded FreeBSD v6.1-RELEASE to v6.2-STABLE, with Apache-2.2.4_2 and
> PHP5-5.2.3_1 ports.  But cannot get the php to execute.  I've searched google
> and followed every instructions, but after days, I'm asking for your help.
>
> I've installed apache first from /usr/ports/www/apache22; make install clean.
>  Made sure it works.  Then installed from /usr/ports/lang/php5; make clean;
> make config; make install.  I've checked for creation of
> /usr/local/libexec/apache22/libphp5.so and added below to httpd.conf :
>
>  LoadModule php5_module        libexec/apache22/libphp5.so
>  DirectoryIndex index.php index.cgi index.html index.htm
>  AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
>  AddType text/html .php
>  AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .html
>  AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
>
> Apache restarts with no error.  But will not execute the PHP, just message to
> download "You have chosen to open which is a: application/x-httpd-php from
> ...".

Hi,

Looks like you've fallen foul of the php manual's misinformation.
AddType in this case isn't the correct directive to use (should be
AddHandler).

LoadModule php5_module libexec/apache22/libphp5.so
DirectoryIndex index.php index.cgi index.html index.htm
# This isn't needed for php
#AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
# And you had html in this list, which isn't usually desirable
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php php
# phps needn't be configured if you're not going to use it (few ever do)
#AddHandler application/x-httpd-php-source phps

However, you should have a hunt around for any separate config files
that the installation might have created, possibly in conf/extras or
conf.d etc.

Once that's fixed, try a request with a client that doesn't cache,
such as wget. And then flush your browser's cache and restart it.

Some reading:
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/PHPDownload
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/DistrosDefaultLayout
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/WatchingHttpHeaders