thanks Joshua for replying.
As I was posting to Apache, I assumed implicit context is Apache.

I seen apache documentation mod_cache, mod_file_cache and searched for those
entries in httpd.conf. There isn't any cache related entry in that file. So
what's the default setting of apache server ?
And is there any command or any other file through which I can see status of
the caching in apache server ?

thanks,
-Rahul

Joshua Slive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: On 9/9/07, rahul gundecha  wrote:
> Hi all,
> How can I check whether caching is disabled on my machine or not?

That's a pretty vague question. Caching can happen at many different
levels for many different reasons. (Are you talking about your
processors memory cache? Disk cache? Browser cache?)

If you are talking specifically about caching within apache, check for
mod_cache, mod_file_cache, and similar modules. If they are turned
off, then you don't likely have any caching going on.

Joshua.