rahul gundecha wrote:
thanks Joshua for helping, I really appreciate your instantaneous and correct solution.

Just to point out confusion in the thread -

first time you replied -
"check for mod_cache, mod_file_cache, and similar modules. If they are turned off, then you don't likely have any caching going on."

my reply -
" There isn't any cache related entry in that file.
So what's the default setting of apache server ?"
I was expecting the answer that without doing anything apart from
normal installation of apache server, will there be caching ? and how to find
about it?

your reply -
"But in the default install you will not have any apache-level caching
 if mod_cache and mod_file_cache are both disabled."
now again we end up with same question, how do I know these things are disabled?

that's why I asked again. And then I got the correct answer.

" As long as mod_cache and mod_file_cache are not configured, there is no
caching in a default install of apache."

Anyways no hard feelings but just wanted to show lack of clarity in your answer. Thanks for helping me, I really bombarded you with series of questions, still you answered them promptly.

I disagree, I think Joshua's answers were clear and concise.

He said that if it is not configured then you do not have it enabled. I don't think that is very difficult to understand though it does assume an understanding of the httpd.conf file and configuration of individual modules. However, even that is pretty basic stuff and easily understood through a perusal of the Apache documentation regarding modules.

Dragon