Chris 'Xenon' Hanson wrote:
>> Say, you are streaming video/audio over HTML like Flash, quicktime.
>> This doesn't
>> necessarily require TCP like semantics because delay due to packet
>> retransmission or HOL blocking is bad (when serving real time data).
>> However, if you are using a transport protocol like
>> UDP  you might experience small disturbance, which is better than
>> stalled video/audio. This
>> is one reason that I can think on top of my head.
>
>   Yes, but that's why protocols like RTSP were invented.
Playing the devil's advocate here:

On the one hand, many firewalls block RSTP; on the other hand I don't
know that any streaming media clients do UDP with anything other than
RSTP, so while streaming over HTTP-UDP to bypass firewalls makes sense,
it's pretty uncommon, and not sure how much support clients will have.
Of course, it might make sense to make an RSTP protocol module for
Apache :-)

  Issac