Hi Johan,

> You can check out my whole conf here :
> http://www.pastebin.ca/704464 I'm still wondering how to
> setup  ServerLimit / MaxClients bigger then 256 *IF* this
> option are the best ones to increase the typical answer time
> of my server ?

You need to set serverlimit in you config file which was not set. I have
changed it on the website but copy it hear too.

<IfModule prefork.c>
  StartServers         15
  MinSpareServers      10
  MaxSpareServers      20
  MaxClients           512
  ServerLimit          512
  MaxRequestsPerChild  4000
</IfModule>

> > Also make sure you are using prefork and not mpm otherwise
> different
> > rules will apply in configuring MaxClients and ServerLimit.
> >
> > On a redhat system you can check here: /etc/sysconfig/httpd whether
> > you are using prefork or mpm.
>
> I found it in /server-info/
>
>     Server Built: Aug 16 2007 22:41:15
>     API Version: 20020903:11
>     Hostname/port: intranet.xxxxxxxxx.local:80
>     Timeouts: connection: 45    keep-alive: 45
>     MPM Name: Prefork
>     MPM Information: Max Daemons: 256 Threaded: no Forked: yes
>     Server Root: /etc/apache2
>     Config File: /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
>
> I think I'm using Prefork, right ?

It looks like it. ;-)

> I've setup 4000 to have a try. Gonna test with ab.

What was your original motivation in setting MaxRequestsPerChild=0?

Regards