"Again, hopefully you didn't mix and match packages, that's badness."

Of course I didn't, ok maybe I did. Here's what happened.

I installed apache from the asf .msi installer for windows (v 2.2.4). I told it to install ssl support, but it appears that it didn't provide me with mod_ssl.so. While going through the tutorial it referenced hunter.campbus.com to find a win32 compiled version of apache with ssl and openssl. The latest apache version available there was 2.2.3. I used the mod_ssl.so file from that package, but it seems now that that was a bad idea. Unfortunately reinstalling an earlier version of apache is not exactly an option for me at the moment. I guess what I really need is a copy of mod_ssl.so for 2.2.4, or am I way off base?

William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
Tom Hart wrote:
Hello again everybody. Now that my apache server is successfully
authenticating with ldap, I'd like to add in ssl support. Using the
instructions at http://www.neilstuff.com/apache/apache2-ssl-windows.htm
I was able to get it pretty close, and work through the "spaces in file
names" errors and stuff like that. Now that I seem to have it all set up
correctly, httpd.exe crashes every time I try to start it.

I presume you used the mod_ssl.so and ssleay32.dll/libeay32.dll from
the same package as you installed httpd.

Faulting application httpd.exe, version 2.2.4.0, faulting module
mod_ssl.so, version 2.2.3.0, fault address 0x0000eebd.

That's not particularly helpful (obviously :)  Please see
http://httpd.apache.org/dev/debugging.html  and
http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/#source

about obtaining the .pdb files (-symbols.zip) and providing us a stack
trace that might point the finger at what crashed.

My apache ver is 2.2.4 and my mod_ssl.so ver is 2.2.3, (any problems
with that? and if so where can I find a win32 compiled version of
mod_ssl 2.2.4). I used OpenSSL 0.9.8d to create the certificates.

I'm going to check for any packaging errors that would lead to the wrong
ssl version number in the package.  Again, hopefully you didn't mix and
match packages, that's badness.