On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 11:06:29PM +0200, Alan AZZERA wrote:
> Seems to be the same idea you describe, but with more flexibility &
> robustness - thanks to real DNS records.

Same idea, yes. But I would not exactly call it robust in
the sense of the KISS principle. I think it is never a good
idea two have two machines with different functions
share an identity. If you can work with the host header,
that is much safer much more error prone (but on apache
1.3 you had no choice as it did not have mod_headers.)

regs,

Christian