Whatever you're calling apache is not binary-compatible with your
operating system and libs.  The easy fix is to install it from
clean source.

Thank you, I have tried this as well, but it keeps trying to use .la libraries that I don't have instead of the .so ones that I do. Is there a configure argument I could use to stop this behavior?

Erin