From: David Cassidy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 28 November 2007 15:11
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Redirecting to internal server

Yes such errors would go direct to the client unless you do something on
apache to send back something else.

Turn up your proxy logging and you can see what IIS is sending back.
You might want to check you are doing proxying and not re-directing...

wrote:

>       Thanks, you're right, not only was it the wrong block it was the

> wrong
>       config file. I forgot that when we upgraded Apache we used the
new
>       config locations but didn't delete the old configs "just in
case".

>       The proxy element is now working alas I have a new and exciting
> problem,
>       but it's one outside the scope of this list so thanks for your
>       assistance. With time I hope I'll be more confident in my own
> diagnosis
>       of the problem :)
>
>       One question, when acting as a reverse proxy what does Apache
use as
>       source port, anything above 1023?
>

>       Paul Cocker
>       IT Systems Administrator
>
>       IT Security Officer
>
>       01628 81(6647)
>
>       TNT Post
>
>       1 Globeside Business Park
>       Fieldhouse Lane
>       Marlow
>
>       Bucks
>       SL7 1HY
>

> Yup, apache just uses a free, non-privileged port.

TNT Post is the trading name for TNT Post UK Ltd (company number: 04417047),
TNT Post (Doordrop Media) Ltd (00613278), TNT Post Scotland Ltd (05695897),TNT
Post North Ltd (05701709) and TNT Post South West Ltd (05983401). Emma's Diary
and Lifecycle are trading names for Lifecycle Marketing (Mother and Baby) Ltd
(02556692). All companies are registered in England and Wales; registered
address: 1 Globeside Business Park, Fieldhouse Lane, Marlow, Buckinghamshire,
SL7 1HY.