Hey guys,

I just noticed a really bad security problem on my servers!
The following RewriteRule exposes my system directories like /etc and /var etc. :

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.user\.domain\.de
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www.)?([a-z0-9-]+)\.user\.domain\.de
RewriteRule (.*) /%2/$1 [L]

I do not understand why thou. Maybe this is not the real origin of the problem, but when I disable those lines, the system directories are not accessible anymore. The rewriting is supposed to rewrite sub.user.domain.de to user.domain.de/sub. Which works, but if you put "etc" in place of "sub", it goes to "/etc/" and not to "/my/docroot/user/ect/".

Why is that the case? And how can I prevent this?

Regards,
Samy